Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ZOOM ZOO Alphabet Cards - I is for Iguana





Here's another card for my alphabet flash card set. Iguana are one of my favorite animals and I'd love to have one as a pet. I tried to convince my fiance to let me adopt one from the local humane society, but she is a little freaked out by them.

Everything goes to the printers a week from tomorrow. There's still a lot to do, but its nice to see the project coming together. I'm going to try to do a few tweaks to the type - I want to add lowercase letters, but not sure if there is the space on all the cards. For those of you that asked, I'll be selling them online. I haven't worked out pricing, but it should be similar with Bill Pressing's "Intercontinental Cuties" playing card set.

In other news, just 6 days left in my original art raffle / giveaway. Leave a comment or follow me to enter. I'll announce winners on August 9th. Find the rules HERE.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Mike, love the iguanas, but I think I love the buggy a little more! Its great :D

Andrea Pucci said...

Very funny!

Albert Campillo Lastra said...

Hi, I like this job. Great!

[B]ehram said...

AWESOMENESS, looking forward to the whole set!

Craig Knowles said...

Seriously awesome blog mate!

unihead said...

Hi Mike - just came across your blog via drawn.ca - love your work!

JennySRP said...

these are so great =D

coffman said...

Awesome work, really refreshing(found you through Drawn).

Code said...

WOW! The illustrations are Awesome! Can't wait to see more.

Nate Villanueva said...

joy! these are lovely.

Campy said...

I love these alphabet car(d)s! I'm 21 and I'll probably still buy them :)

Perla V said...

Haha that's so funny i just watched a little lizard doing pushups this morning, it was the most bizarre thing i've ever seen. This post definitely reminded me of the little guy.

Miggy said...

Marvelous! Your vehicle design is very visually pleasing. Where are your inspirations? I know personal projects can be particularly difficult to stay on course. Great work!

Scott Zenteno said...

This Vehicle is Sick! and the iguanas make it so playful, these cards add to my excitements of having kids! I may design some of my own some day but first Art Center!

David Leyva said...

AMAZING WORK! ... I love your Iguanas.
Great Inspiration! ... Now I feel need to draw reptiles form my blog ... maybe Komodo Dragons or Gila Mosters, They show self confidence like gangsters ...
Great work Mike!

Ramon said...

Discovered your blog thru Drawn...not only are your character designs great, but your vehicles are dope!

Jparked said...

This is Awesome Mike!!!! inspiring as always.

Niharika Singhal said...

WOW...Color Scheme is really amazing....AWESOME works :)